What I really love to eat in summera a snack, is some fruit. However, after eating a kiwi or an apple I get quite quickly hungry again. So I have created a snack with some fruit, but that will last you a little longer during your day. This is because of the oats, nuts and a dash of yoghurt. The fun part of this recipe is that you can mix it up like you want, so you probably don’t have to go to the supermarket to buy something, nice and easy.
What I’ve used:
- a dash of plain yoghurt (You can use almond or coconut yoghurt as well, just what you prefer.)
- a kiwi in pieces (An apple or pear is a what cheaper option. But if you really want to go bold, I would have chosen for mango, I loveee mango)
- two tablespoons of rolled oats
- a teaspoon of sesame seeds
- a teaspoon of cocoflakes
- 4 almonds
- a quarter of a teaspoon of honey
Put the oats, sesame seeds, nuts, cocoflakes and honey in a small pan and heat is on a low temperature for about 4 minutes, until golden. Pay attention not to burn you honey. You will notice it when it will start burning, you will smell a kind of caramel. When that is on the stove, put a dash of yoghurt in a nice glass (where your spoon fits in as well!!) and put your fruit on top. When your oats mixture is ready, sprinkle it on top and finish it of with some mint if you like to. Take a nice glass of cold water/ cup of mint tea, walk to your garden/balcony and enjoy!